Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love Juice Tutorial

I shared in my last post that I made my little sister's valentines for her classmates. They were so so so so easy that I decided to share with you a "step-by-step". So here it goes! Feel free to ask any questions in the comments. :)
This is my "Love Juice" pouch:

What you will need:
  • hot glue gun
  • red/pink scrap-booking paper
  • scissors
  • ruler
  • Capri-Sun juice pouches
  • Markers
  • stamps, stickers, markers, etc. to make it look festive ;)
First you need to cut your paper to fit the backs of the juice pouches. Mine were 3" x 3 1/2".

Now it's time to make labels! Whoo hoo! Doesn't that sound exciting??? I can assure you its not that bad the first couple of times but after ummm label number five it gets a little old...
My labels were very simple : Love Juice from: Stella
And for beautifulness I stamped a little silver heart on the top left corner. Like so:

So now that we have labels we need to attach them to the juice pouch. Here is where you get to  use the hot glue gun.(It feels like I should point out that hot glue guns are... hot... so if you aren't mature enough to use one ask an adult... PLEASE. Again they are hot. and sticky!) Simply cover the back of the label so it will stick to the juice pouch.
There you have it! A wonderful valentine! Different from the typical sucker attached to a cut out card with a Disney character and a cheesy line (but there's nothing wrong with that;) ) and very simple and easy to make not to mention clever! Get creative and make them more special and make sure to share with us your versions of this project. I, the queen of procrastinating, had to make these the night before valentines day at and started the project at about 7:00 p.m. therefore I didn't get as creative and decorative as I could have!

Happy Valentines Day everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment